Friday, September 14, 2007

perhaps every other day would work better...

because it seems that is about the pace I'm putting them up these days. Well, the weekend's here! so, be expecting them everyday for the next couple days.

Adam Ant

Me and Mr. Ray

If you didn't notice, I used musically themed titles today. The first "Adam Ant" is a reference to the name of an 80s band, and the second "Me and Mr. Ray" is a reference to an 80s band (then Miracle Legion, they eventually became "Polaris" and now Mark Mulcahy does solo stuff)'s album.

Not to sound stuck up, or full of myself or anything... but I really really like "Me and Mr. Ray" the title, the image... just everything. It's one of the very very few photos I have taken that I am proud of, and probably the first one that I am proud of just about everything about it, the image, the title, the reference, the lighting... I think it's alright that I mention that, 'cause I did say it's one of the only ones.

and, to make up for all the times I haven't posted pictures, here is a song I've been really enjoying lately. It is "Toxic" by Britney Spears. I know what you're thinking... But it's not by Britney Spears. it is an AMAZING cover of the song on the Ukulele. It blows my mind every time I hear it. I hope you enjoy it just as much as I have.

4 comments:

inspired said...

the tree looks real spooky and
Me & Mr Ray is V/good and is something to be proud of.
Britney though is not a 4Me 4MeeZ 2 older ;o]

Cheryl Finley said...

Love the light pouring in..
..and yes, every other day can even be a lot! I'm slowing down to once or twice a week. It can take longer than we think to do this.
At any rate...you do it very, very well!

Keep shining Matt!

Cheryl Finley said...

Oh yes... the tree looks like it could scoop me up..like it's about to walk up to me and ...oh no...I can't think about it!...

Great work!!!

megan said...

Mat...i can see why you're proud of this one...and it's ok to say so when you feel good about what you've created.

post a photo when you can. the blog helps you to keep at it, but it's not the rule maker...you are. so the key is to make rules that are good for you...that keep you on track, but don't limit your options.